Flores Says Tua is “Ready to Roll,” No Dolphins Have Opted Out of Season

Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores speaks at a news conference during voluntary minicamp at the Miami Dolphins football training facility, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, in Davie, Fla. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)

Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores took time Wednesday to address reporters via Zoom.

Among other topics, he said the team is closely watching the Marlins’ COVID-19 outbreak.

Flores said, “It’s unfortunate, our thoughts are with those who were infected with Coronavirus. I think it just speaks to how quickly the virus can spread and if you’re not wearing a mask and distancing and taking the precautions, it can spread quickly.”

Meanwhile, the Dolphins have made changes in the locker room, in an ongoing effort to fight the virus.

According to the coach, the facility has a new locker room with plexiglass between every locker.

As for rookie quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, Flores said he is ready to get on the field, after recovering from hip surgery.

Flores added, “There’s strength and conditioning and walk-throughs… but from a football practice drills that standpoint there won’t be much. But he’s through the physical and when we do get to practice, you’ll see him out there.”

Several NFL teams have had players opt out of playing this season because of coronavirus concerns.

So far, Flores said that no Dolphin has opted out. He added that he told his players they need to take advantage of every opportunity they get, since practice time is limited.

Let’s hope things continue to go smoothly for the team.

SHARE